?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[Accidental Video/ Action] [03]

[Shortly after the Mirror's message, anyone in Joe West probably heard a loud, panicked cry. Everyone who's not can hear it over the mirrors instead.

The feed clicks on after being knocked over and Demyx is freaking out. From what can be seen here, he's pale and pacing furiously. He keeps twitching, swinging out at something that isn't there, and shaking.]


No, no, no, no. There's nothing there! This isn't happening!

[A few more moments of panic before Demyx slumps down in the corner of his room, sobbing brokenly. Anyone who's spoken to him before might note that he sounds a bit more genuine than he has previously, like he really feels the panic and sadness.

Which, well, he does. Figures. The first real emotion he's felt in ages, and it's panic.

If you want to find him, he's in his room in Joe West. He probably won't respond to video responses, except in sobs or muttering]

Comments

sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 12:46 am (UTC)
[action]
[She may be one floor above, but Esme definitely hears that.

She runs out of her room in search of the source of the outburst immediately - she did think to snatch her communicator off her desk, just in case she might need it. As she runs down the hallway, she glances at the feed, frowning as she tries to make out what is happening.

Oh, God be good.

Demyx.

She doesn't know where his room is, but she follows the sound of his panic, which leads her one floor down. She knocks at the door to be polite, but her voice is worried, and there's a firmness in her tone that lets him know she won't take no for an answer. Not now.]


Demyx? It's Esmeralda. Demyx, you need to open this door right now.

Please.
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 12:49 am (UTC)
[action]
No! You're not real! Y-you're just the Mist!
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 12:55 am (UTC)
[action]
[She frowns at that. Her tone becomes softer, more reassuring.]

I am real.

[She tries the handle to see if it's locked (is it?). She leans against the door, testing it, assessing how hard it's going to be if she has to get in by any means necessary.

How can she prove to him that she isn't Mist? She honestly doesn't know enough about it to know how to disprove his fears, but there is no way she's leaving him like this.]
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 12:56 am (UTC)
[action]
[The door's unlocked, but she might get blasted with water.]

There's too much Mist! You can't be!
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:04 am (UTC)
[action]
[She had heard the sirens and seen the image of the rapidly-spreading Mist; both were horrible. She couldn't blame her friend for his anxiety, especially since the Mist had already hurt him in the past. But she couldn't leave him to face this alone, either.

She pushes against the door, frustrated, but she does not force her way in just yet.]


There is a lot of Mist, which is why I need to make certain you're all right - right now!

Edited at 2012-01-21 01:05 am (UTC)
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:08 am (UTC)
[action]
No you don't!

[And that's the last coherent thing Esme's going to get for a bit.]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:20 am (UTC)
[action]
[She sighs. She doesn't want to barge in, but social protocol hardly applies just now.

She opens the door.]
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:24 am (UTC)
[action]
[Demyx is reaching for his sitar as soon as the door's open, but he's shaking and panicking so much he keeps tripping]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:30 am (UTC)
[action]
[She rushes forward, catching him before he can trip so badly he hurts himself. Sorry, Demyx, she knows you like your space, but she's a hugger.]

Shh, shh. You're all right, now.

chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:32 am (UTC)
Re: [action]
[Demyx keeps trying to break free. The Mist combined with the sudden intensity of emotion (fear) have left him in a very not good spot mentally right now.]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:42 am (UTC)
[action]
[She doesn't let go - she shushes him softly, as though he were an upset child. She pulls back slightly, but keeps a hold of his hands. She'll try to talk him through this, if he lets her. She hopes it will give him something to focus on, and help him feel he's actively in charge of his circumstances, even if they are dire right now.]

Tell me what happened, Demyx.
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:44 am (UTC)
[action]
Y-yeah, right! [He's still trying to break free, even if it's only half heartedly. If nothing else, he's stubborn.] G-give the Mist more ammo, sure. I'm not stupid.
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:48 am (UTC)
[action]
[She moves back a little, but she's holding on to his hands.]

Demyx, you said the Mist stole from you before. If I were the Mist, would I even need to ask you?
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 01:52 am (UTC)
[action]
Yes.

[Let him goooooo]

To make it worse!
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 02:02 am (UTC)
[action]
[She lets go of his hands, finally. She takes one more step backward, hoping that will help him calm down, since her nearness has the opposite effect.]

Is there nothing I can do for you? Nothing at all?
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 02:38 am (UTC)
[action]
Make it stop!

[Demyx just sobs and clutches his head. This Mist is driving him nuts]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 02:57 am (UTC)
[action]
[Oh thank goodness. She was afraid he would tell her to leave. She doesn't know if he's any closer to believing she's real or not. His request tears at her, though - if only she could make it stop.

He needs something else to focus on. Something. Anything.

She reaches out one hand toward Arpeggio, looking at him inquiringly. Would he play for her? It might help. Music always had a way of soothing her heart.]
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 03:11 am (UTC)
[action]
Don't touch her!

[and scrambling to get his sitar now]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 05:08 am (UTC)
[action]
[She jumps, pulling her hand back.]

I won't. I thought you might play, a little. If you'd like.
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 05:18 am (UTC)
[action]
No! I tried that last time, and all that came out was nothing!

[He pulls his sitar close, still panicking]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 05:55 am (UTC)
[action]
[She nods, thinking quickly. She doesn't know what he means by "all that came out was nothing," but she won't ask him now.

No sitar, then. She left her own instrument in her room, but she doesn't think the tambourine would be the most soothing choice at the moment. That leaves only the voice.]


Do you know any songs, Demyx?
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 06:27 am (UTC)
[action]
I'm not gonna sing. Nothing'll come out anyway.

[He...kind of has nightmares of being in the Mist and not being able to play music. He doesn't know if they're true, but regardless]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 06:34 am (UTC)
[action]
That's all right. You don't have to.

I thought it might make it stop. At least somewhat.
chansondeleau
Jan. 21st, 2012 06:35 am (UTC)
[action]
The only way it'll stop is if I get out, but I can't.

[He's more coherent now, since he's slowly remembering what fear is, but still pretty much in a panic]
sirenspell
Jan. 21st, 2012 06:39 am (UTC)
[action]
Out of your room? The academy?

[She's pretty sure he means out of the Mist, but where is he going to go? The Mist invades every place, sooner or later.]
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 21st, 2012 06:44 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 21st, 2012 07:07 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 21st, 2012 07:24 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 21st, 2012 06:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 22nd, 2012 04:58 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 22nd, 2012 08:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 22nd, 2012 10:45 pm (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 01:05 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 02:50 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:25 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:33 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:44 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:44 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:47 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 03:56 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 04:11 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 04:19 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 04:30 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - chansondeleau - Jan. 23rd, 2012 04:36 am (UTC) - Expand
[action] - sirenspell - Jan. 23rd, 2012 04:40 am (UTC) - Expand