?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

003 || action || ota

[Now that some of the initial stress over the unexpected evacuation has settled, Esmeralda decides this is her opportunity to explore Traverse Town. She’s only been here once before, and there had been no chance of exploring then – preparing for the Festival (and the Festival itself) demanded all of her attention. She certainly has the time now, however. As far as she knows, there isn’t a specific reason why she shouldn’t, and she hasn’t had to promise to remain indoors, so she can see what lies outside – and perhaps the surrounding area – guilt-free, right?

If anyone is in or near the hotel lobby, they’ll notice a blue-cloaked figure darting silently and quickly toward the doors. She pauses to glance over her shoulder once, then reaches for the handle…]

Comments

( 60 comments — Leave a comment )
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 12:56 am (UTC)
[Only for the door to open as she's reaching for the handle. Demyx is returning from a soda run, and when he sees the person on the other side of the door, he freaks and drops his soda]

Aah!
sirenspell
Mar. 8th, 2012 03:07 am (UTC)
[Esme is so bent on managing to get out of the hotel as quietly and inconspicuously as possible that the arrival of a soda-flinging figure startles her more than it should. She automatically jumps back, holding one hand up defensively, keeping the other hand on the handle so she can slam the door shut - but wait, she knows this person, it's Demyx! For a moment she stares at him, wide-eyed and frozen.

In another moment, she starts laughing.]
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 03:45 am (UTC)
Es-esmeralda?!

[Demyx is decidedly unamused. What is wrong with this girl?]

What the heck're you doing?!
sirenspell
Mar. 8th, 2012 03:54 am (UTC)
Getting frightened out of my wits by you. What are you doing?

[Her laughter subsides as she surveys the damage - oh, goodness, there's soda all over the floor. You're probably going to need another one, Demyx. Sorry about that.]
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 03:57 am (UTC)
Coming back from a soda run.

[He glances down at the ground and whines a little.]

Dammit, it's all over the floor!
sirenspell
Mar. 8th, 2012 04:07 am (UTC)
[She nods, pulling her cloak closer around herself.]

Well, if we haven't managed to attract the hotel staff's attention already, they probably won't notice if we slip out and get you another one.
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 04:14 am (UTC)
I hope they still have some. That was watermelon, and that's really hard to find!

[Don't ask about the soda flavor choices of Demyx. Just don't]
sirenspell
Mar. 8th, 2012 04:57 am (UTC)
[Don't worry, she doesn't find your soda choices strange. She moves past you, finally making it through the doorway. She's not sure if she should tell you what her real plans were, since you didn't seem very enthusiastic about exploring before...]

We can go back to wherever you got that one. If we ask very nicely, I'm sure they can't refuse.
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 05:02 am (UTC)
They won't refuse you. Seriously, no one in this town likes me.

[He understands why, of course, but that doesn't make it suck less. He follows Esme out]

Maybe they'll have put more of the glass marble sodas out.
sirenspell
Mar. 8th, 2012 05:38 am (UTC)
[She glances over her shoulder to grin delightedly.]

That's all right, Demyx, we all have our talents. Yours just happens to be getting people to dislike you. However did you manage without me before?

[And now she's confused. She wasn't overly familiar with soda before arriving at the Academy, but this sounds stranger than usual.]

Glass marble soda...?
chansondeleau
Mar. 8th, 2012 07:40 am (UTC)
Yeah! It's awesome. It's this soda-y thing in a glass bottle with a marble instead of a lid. It comes with a plungermabob that you use to push the marble into the bottle.

[AKA: ramune]
sirenspell
Mar. 10th, 2012 04:24 pm (UTC)
But if you push the marble into your bottle, won't you swallow it and choke?
chansondeleau
Mar. 10th, 2012 05:23 pm (UTC)
Nah, there's this plastic thing that is too small for the marble to get past. It'll stay in the bottle.
sirenspell
Mar. 10th, 2012 06:12 pm (UTC)
[It sounds kind of pointless to her to even have the marble, but she refrains from saying so.]

We mostly have wine at home, but that doesn't seem to be as common here, from what they told me at the cafeteria.

[Yes, she asked.]
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 06:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 07:55 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 07:57 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 08:03 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 08:19 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:16 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:22 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:24 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:31 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:34 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:35 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:36 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:51 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:57 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 10th, 2012 11:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:04 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:06 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:11 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:13 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:16 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:20 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:29 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:31 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:38 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:45 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:48 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:52 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - sirenspell - Mar. 11th, 2012 12:54 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - chansondeleau - Mar. 11th, 2012 01:00 am (UTC) - Expand
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 10th, 2012 04:13 am (UTC)
[...And it's enough for Kronk to see her face. Excited waving!]

HEY ESMERELDA!! HI!!! HOW'RE YOU DOING?!
sirenspell
Mar. 10th, 2012 04:17 pm (UTC)
[...oh well, there go her hopes of slipping out of the hotel unnoticed. She turns around, waving back, a genuine smile on her face (she really is happy to see him).]

Hi Kronk! How is my favorite Chipmunk Scout?
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 11th, 2012 10:42 am (UTC)
[That's the dividend you pay when you're friends with Kronk, sadly.]

Trying to keep everyone together! Where ya off to?
sirenspell
Mar. 12th, 2012 12:59 am (UTC)
[Aww, it's totally worth it. She clasps her hands together beneath her cloak, shrugging a little.]

Oh...nowhere, really!

[Let's focus on you instead, shall we?]

Do you need any help with anything?
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 18th, 2012 05:13 am (UTC)
[Hey, as long as he can brighten up her day a little...]

Nope! All the kids in my class're fine, so I'm down here just relaxing...chilling...

[Leaning against the wall, he looks significantly less cooler doing this than Kuzco, but he does try!]

So...would you like to go get a meat mu...I mean some coffee?

[They sadly don't have meat mugs here.]
sirenspell
Mar. 19th, 2012 08:52 pm (UTC)
[You do look remarkably chill, which is a nice contrast to the way things have been since the evacuation.

A meat mu...? That doesn't sound very...appetizing. :| Now, coffee is another story. She perks up - and hey, if you know Traverse Town at all, maybe she can have a mini tour at the same time.]


I'd like that. Do you have any particular place in mind?
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 20th, 2012 06:08 am (UTC)
[His front is quite front-like! And they taste DIVINE, at least in Kronk's POV]

There's a really nice cafe down near the tavern! They make sandwiches that'll melt in your mouth.
sirenspell
Mar. 20th, 2012 08:28 pm (UTC)
[She'd try one, if they were available here! She just thinks it sounds...well. Maybe if she knew it was a mug rather than a mu, but...actually, no, she'd still think it sounds kind of strange.]

That sounds perfect!

[She moves out of the doorway so he can exit first, and she can follow. She glances up at him curiously.]

I suppose it's too much to hope for that you have any idea what we're doing out here?
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 23rd, 2012 11:22 am (UTC)
[One of these days he'll have to make one for her! Think beef stew, but with bigger chunks of turnips. And you use bread for a spoon! He immediately steps outside and then makes way for her, holding open the door as she passes. Her question earns a shake of the head from Kronk.]

Nope. The big cheese is playing it pretty close to his vest.

sirenspell
Mar. 24th, 2012 05:30 am (UTC)
[That sounds great. As long as it's not a mug made of raw meat.

His chivalry earns him a smile, though the smile fades a little after hearing his response.]


Did he even evacuate with us? Has anyone seen him?
oh_icanfeelit
Mar. 25th, 2012 01:16 pm (UTC)
[Nope! They don't do raw meat in Kuzcotopia - everyone knows how sick that can maek you. He winces sympathetically as they walk.]

Can't say I've seen the guy anywhere - either he left without us or he's not even there anymore.
( 60 comments — Leave a comment )